Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Pain is Weakness Leaving the Body ?

So I think it might be easier to do a weekly update ... maybe a few a week dependent on the business of my schedule. Any ways ... last week was rough rough rough rough ....

Sunday - After my ride on Saturday my legs were tired and sore so I decided to take it easy. Thought I might go for my run later in the day ... ha ha yeah right. Note to self never procrastinate the run!!! NEVER. If I don’t get up and do it in the morning, my motivation for a long run falls off the map. So needless to say I did a whole lot of nothing on Sunday. I think I may have even gone for a long walk outside to enjoy the beautiful weather but a run was not in my mind set. I decided that since I didn't run I could play hockey. Stupid me though forgot a hair tie. Ever try to work out with your hair down. I mean long hair sticking to your neck and face ... it was nasty to say the least. I will never forget a hair tie again

Monday-After a late night of hockey my morning motivation was shot so I slept in a little instead. I went and lifted upper body and did abs during my lunch. I find it easier to work out when other people are doing it to. I get a little extra motivation when someone else is doing the same workout as me (i.e. I force people to let me join in their ab routines :) (Thank you, you kind souls). I was hosting life group (bible study) at my house that night. So after work instead of going to the gym I went to the grocery store and picked up food and drinks. I believe that God has given us each unique spiritual gifts. One of mine I believe is hospitality. I love having people over and opening up my home to them and serving them with a comfortable safe environment. So of course by the time i had gotten everything ready and picked up my apartment  a little there was no time to work out pre and post life group. I figured a day or two off wouldn't hurt...

Tuesday- Oh my,  recapping this week makes me cringe. Ahhhh so I totally fell off the horse ... Let’s see last Tuesday I went to a bowling outing for work and was going to go to the gym after work and then go out to dinner with a friend for their birthday. Well.... I suck at bowling but I did bowl the best game of my life. I got a turkey!! Not an actual turkey that goes gobble gobble but a turkey like three strikes in a row. I was so excited and it was on the last frames of my last game. I ended up with a 148 (personal best :) ). I ended up hanging out after bowling and chit chatting with friend until 10 pm. Soooo needless to say the gym or the birthday dinner didn't happen. The chit chat was long overdue and needed so I'm glad I did  it. It was well worth giving up a night at the gym ... But if I had gotten up in the morning I wouldn’t even of had to do the evening workout ... Lesson ... Don't procrastinate ... hmm I'm seeing a theme.

Wednesday- Ha so I once again didn't get up in the morning ... I feel like it's these long winter mornings when it is still dark at 5:30 - 6 am  that make it so hard to get up and out of bed. In the summer I have no issue. I'm gunna say that it’s a sunlight thing .... Anyways, I lifted lowers and did abs again during lunch. I did squats and pushed my legs pretty hard. Needless to say I was sore by later in the day. I then had homegroup that night and stayed at work a little late. Not allowing myself enough time in between work and homegroup to go to the gym.


So I never posted these but saved them so I thought a late post is better than no post ... SORRY !

No comments:

Post a Comment